Iranian ceramic society (ICerS) was licensed in 1995 by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) as a nonprofit foundation.The society has been upgraded to A grade since 2012 which is considered the highest ranking in the MSRT. ICerS also has been able to attract more than 1000 members including PhD and MSc students as well as 85 corporate members. The main missions of ICerS are as follows:
- Promoting education, research and publication in the field of ceramics.
- Stability and supporting industrial and international cooperation.
- Organizing conferences, exhibitions and workshops.
- National and international collaboration with ceramic associations and scientific societies in the field of ceramics.
- Glass and glaze
- Tile, porcelain and sanitary ware
Main activities (up to 2015)
- Holding 10 biennial national ceramic congresses
- Holding 5 international conferences
- International collaboration (ICF, ECerS, etc)
- Holding 25 workshops
- Iranian Journal of Materials Science & Engineering (Quarterly, in English)
- Journal of Advanced Ceramic Progress (Quarterly, in English)
- Journal of Iranian Ceramic Society (Quarterly, in Persian)
- Ceramic Science and Engineering (Quarterly, in Persian)